The Pharmacy Intern will be responsible for engaging in the process of specialty program development, research and development of clinical care programs, specialty medication financial case management, drug monograph development for specialty medications, research risk evaluation and mitigation strategy (REMS) programs, patient assistance programs, and other specialty pharmacy related assignments.
Reporting RelationshipsSr. Director of Specialty Services
Financial Case Management:
- Communicate on behalf of the prescribers and pharmacies to payors and pharma relating to any specialty program needs.
- Effectively communicate KloudScript’s specialty program to the appropriate parties.
- Manage communication with prescribers and payors to resolve issues and to provide updates of patient referral status.
- Complete benefits investigation for specialty patients and resolve any payor rejections, such as high dollar review, prior authorization coordination, and appeals.
- Enroll and coordinate patient financial assistance and support services, copay cards, funding assistance and manufacturer support programs.
- Complete prior authorization (PA) and physician assistance program (PAP) applications.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all laws regulating pharmacy services.
- Maintain all protected health information per HIPAA rules when assisting Hub Services.
|Specialty Pharmacy Accreditation:|
- Learn about pharmacy accreditation organizations, their standards and the specialty pharmacy accreditation process.
|Specialty Pharmacy Business Management:|
- Work with executive staff and department heads to encourage growth of new specialty business and management opportunities.
- Participate in the implementation process of pharmacy partners into the KloudScript network.
- Complete specialty pharmacy related assignments, including the following: research and development of specialty programs, development of specialty medication drug monographs, and risk evaluation and mitigation strategy (REMS) program research.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate on team projects.
- Possess accountability for delivering completed work and adhering to project deadlines.
|Education and/or Training:|
Currently enrolled in the Pharm. D. program at an accredited institution and completion of at least 1 or 2 years of an accredited Pharm. D. program.
- Experience as a pharmacy technician is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Expert level proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Application deadline is April 30, 2019
Complete cover letter section:
i. Your interest in this role
ii. First available start date and weeks you are available over the summer